Throughout our nearly 30 years of trading, our ethos has always been one of respect for our suppliers and the environment. The key points below highlight our promotion of sustainable and responsible trade.
Our Fair Trade Policy
- To promote Fair Trade both with our suppliers and in relations with our customers.
- Promotion of traditional weaving and knitting techniques.
- Provision of year round orders to our suppliers.
- Frequent visits to Nepal to ensure our ethical policies are adhered to.
- Workers paid above national average, treated equally and with respect, regardless of gender, race or religion.
- Employment is freely chosen with no forced, bonded or child labour.
- Developing use of natural materials and dyes to ensure impact on both local and wider environment is kept to a minimum.
- Use of recycled packaging wherever possible.
- Development of relations with suppliers in all aspects of our shared business, to ensure positive and sustainable growth together.
Pachamama is a member of BAFTS - The British Association for Fair Trade Shops and Suppliers.
BAFTS Fair Trade Network UK is a network of independent shops and suppliers dedicated to promoting Fair Trade retail in the UK. BAFTS provides a structure of accountability to its members who adhere to the 10 Principles of Fair Trade as set out by the World Fair Trade Organisaton.